Impact of your Seller Score to your customer traffic
Having enhanced our commercial and operational tools, here are new exciting changes:
- Daily Order Limit (DOL) and Pending Order Limit (PSOL) are no longer applied
- Return penalties will no longer be applied. There will only be financial penalties for very serious compliance & legal issues (e.g. counterfeits, fakes & prohibited products).
Your Seller Score is now calculated to make sure it accurately reflects the quality of your operations, focusing exclusively on your cancellation rate & your return rate for quality reasons.
The best vendors – with a Seller Score of 5 out of 5 – is rewarded with the most valuable currency there is on Jumia: increased traffic. The higher your Seller Score, the more traffic your products will receive (the reverse logic will apply to vendors with a Seller Score lower than 3 out of 5).
In case of poor operations – identified by a Seller Score lower than 3 – we will ask you to contribute further to our cost of operations (proportionally to your current commission on Jumia) instead of charging you for each breach. This is to compensate for Jumia‘s need to step in each time you don’t fully deliver on your customer promise. See below table:
Serious compliance issues will lead to tougher sanctions. This is key in order to protect our customers and build trust between them and our vendors. See below penalties:
Seller Score pillars
- The “Cancellation rate” indicates the reliability of your store. This is the percentage of orders you have canceled in the last 4 weeks against the number of all shipment types (Dropshipping and Jumia Express) in the same period
- The “Return rate” is the percentage of items that have been returned by customers in the last 4 weeks and are all “vendor fault reasons” for the return – against the number of delivered orders in the same period Eg; Defective Items, Quality Issues etc NB: Returns that are not “vendor fault reasons” like “change of mind” do not impact your seller score.
How do I interpret and improve my Score
Your score is very important for your consumers because they value it before buying your products. Aim for a score of 5 to be among the best Jumia sellers . The contribution of the seller score is as below:
Please note that these weights may vary in the future.
- Improve your “Cancellation rate” by updating your stock every day so that you no longer have to cancel orders for out of stock.
2. Improve your “Return Rate” by ensuring that only authentic, new and high-quality branded products are stocked.
Please note, all Seller Score thresholds – triggering positive or negative changes for your shop – above mentioned may vary in the future.
FAQs about Seller Score
1. What are the metrics that affect my seller score?
Your seller score is now calculated based only on your Out Of Stock / cancellation rate and return rate for quality reasons. Before the introduction of TAAC, your seller score was calculated based on your fulfillment speed (within 48h) in addition to your Out Of Stock / Cancellation rate and your Quality Score (average of your rejection & return rates)
2. How do I reach a seller score of 5 to get my products boosted for free with TAAC
Only sellers with 0% cancellation & return rates AND at least 90 days on Jumia AND 60 orders delivered to customers since inception will reach a score of 5/5 (condition required for their products to be boosted). Other sellers with 0% cancellation & return rates will have a score of 4.9. This is to ensure the products of sellers with enough history on Jumia are the ones boosted online.
3. What if I am a new seller?
You start on Jumia with a seller score of 3 until you turn 30 days old on Jumia and you fulfill at least 5 orders. The seller score will then rise or fall depending on your operational performance on the 2 metrics described in point one (1)
4. How is my contribution for the Low seller score calculated?
If your Seller Score is below 3, we will deduct from your payout an amount proportional to both your sales on Jumia and your Seller Score, following the example in the table below.
5. Where can I see the contribution to Low seller Score?
The Contribution for Low Seller Score is displayed in your Seller Centre Account Statement under the “Fees” category.
6. Will I get charged if my seller score is below 3 and I have not made any sales?
You will not be charged a “Contribution for Low Seller Score” if you do not make any Sales since this contribution is a % of your sales of the week
7. Will I get charged a contribution for a low seller score every week?
Not necessarily: a seller only accrues low seller score contribution if his seller score is less than 3 AND he has made sales in the same week.
8. How does Traffic as a Currency help Vendors?
Traffic as a currency is meant to offer the best visibility to sellers with the best operations: the higher your seller score, the more traffic your store will receive on Jumia. With traffic as a currency, the seller score is calculated based on sellers’ performance on 2 metrics only, over the last 28 days and is refreshed on a weekly basis. This implies that a seller has ample opportunity to recover his score by simply ensuring that his orders are not cancelled and that his items are of good quality. On top of that, sellers are no longer penalized for every mistake they make: if their seller score is good overall (above 3) they will not be financially penalized even if they make punctual mistakes (1 order out of stock, 1 return for quality reason…). Indeed, they will only be impacted by the “contribution for low seller score” if they make a significant number of errors, dragging their score below 3.
9. Are sellers still charged for each late order fulfillment on Jumia?
There are no more charges for late order fulfillment with TAAC.
10. Are sellers still charged for returns?
There are no more charges for returns except for counterfeit cases. Please note that
counterfeit charges will occur for counterfeit spots at any time of your journey, not only returned items. Also, note that your seller score affects the level of QC check at our hubs. If your Seller score is less than 4, your products will be subjected to a 100% QC check at the hub prior to shipping.
11. Are ALL return reasons impacting my Seller score?
Returns identified by Jumia as damaged by Jumia or customers are no longer impacting your Seller Score (regardless of customer return reasons). Only return reasons related to the quality of the items you shipped impact your seller score.
12. Can I still buy Sponsored Products if I want to boost my visibility?
Subscribing to sponsored products is still an option for improving your visibility even if
you do not have a seller score of 5 which allows your store to be boosted under traffic as a currency.
13. Can my seller score be amended if I feel there is an error in the Seller score calculation?
Unfortunately, once the seller score is calculated and it cannot be overridden. Keep in mind that single errors (made by you, customers or Jumia) now have a very limited impact on your
shop: you will only have a low seller score and incur a potential contribution if your overall operations are poor. That being said, if the error you spotted is a valid one and led you to pay a Contribution for Low Seller Score, we will refund you the corresponding amount.